September 4, 2011

After the Storm

My week started off horribly with my head cracking open and everything. But to my surprise and delight, the week ended fantastically!
Sam's favorite hobby happens to be fishing,

and I happen to be down for fishing.  Totally beats working.
I did ALOT of walking on Saturday.  After going to Costco, David and I walked over to 신도림 to meet up with Michael to check out the new D-Cube City that was under construction for forever.
It had many floors
and looked pretty modern.  But ain't no Times Square.
After we walked to Times Square, we went to 홍대.  Then 신촌.  Then 이대, David's favorite place in all of Seoul.
Here is my new Canadian friend that keeps me accountable every Friday.  I totally forgot that I was wearing that bandaid the whole day.
I never knew 이진's school
was such a beautiful campus.  
Yesterday, my dad turned 60 (in Korean age). Even though I get my dad the same Dunkin Donuts cake every year, he (and my mom) never get tired of it.
My dad's usually in his 아저씨 wifebeater mode at home, so he purposely put on a shirt just to pose for this picture.  He didn't bother with the pants though. ㅋ  I was in a particularly good mood because I was expecting some freak accident scab/scar after taking off my bandaid.  It still looks kinda nasty up close, but it's all about perspective...and apparently, expectation.  
My life felt like it was in a storm last week, but I was all smiles yesterday.  I'm sure the weather had a lot to do with it too.  I leave you with a nice remake of an old classic.

Thought of the Day:  Circumcision
Song of the Day:  Martin Solveig-Hello

No comments: